enjoy this spicy Thai soup on a cold evening
Serving Notes: The below will serve about 4-5 people, or provide 3 days worth of soup for a family of 2.
- Rice noodles like this
- Chicken cilantro wonton’s from Trader Joe’s here
- Chicken or vegetable broth (two 32 oz boxes)
- 2 zucchini’s
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- 1 Avocado
- 1 package of mushrooms (your favorite kind)
- 1 package of beef broth flavoring I use this
- Crushed red pepper (1 table-spoon)
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- Onion powder (1 tea-spoon)
- Olive oil (1 teaspoon)
- 2 cups of water
- Using a large pot, saute garlic in olive oil for 2-4 minutes.
- Add in both boxes of the chicken (or) vegetable broth and stir, scraping the toasty garlic from the bottom of the pan.
- Add onion powder and crushed red pepper
- When adding in crushed red pepper, start with a little and increase until you reach your desired level of spice.
- Add in 1 packet of beef broth flavor; stir
- Cover and simmer broth for 5 minutes
- Add in mushrooms and diced zucchini’s; cook for 5 minutes until tender
- Add in rice noodles (half the packet) and chicken cilantro wonton’s (half the packet) and cook for another 6 minutes on high heat.
- Serve with cilantro and diced avocado if desired
Ali in the Vali