~a summer favorite, that is body friendly~
Serving Notes: The below will serve about 6-8 people, or provide a weeks worth of Zesty Corn Salad for a family of 2-3.
- 6-8 ears of corn (I buy two 4 packs from Trader Joe’s)
- 2 jalapeño’s (you may only need 1, depending on the level of spice the pepper has)
- 2 large limes
- 6 individual radishes (or 1 pack from Trader Joe’s) here
- Boil a large pot of salted water and cook your corn for about 6-8 minutes.
- Remove and let cool
- Thinly slice your radish or you can mince, whatever your preference is. (I slice mine)
- Chop your jalapeño (‘s) very small (I separate the seeds, that way when mixing together I have more control of the spice)
- Extract the juice from your two limes, set aside.
- By this point, your corn should be cool enough to handle. Cut corn kernels from the stock, and put in a bowl. Repeat until all corn is removed.
- Add your radish, jalapeño and lime juice to the bowl of corn and stir!
8.Top with avocado when serving.
Ali in the Vali