These cookies are nostalgia to the max for me. My nana made them every holiday season growing up. As soon as the butterscotch and chocolate start melting the smell reminds me of my first white Christmas I had as a young girl in CO.
If you have kids, you can also call these Reindeer Cookies — add red M&Ms as a nose, and position two chow main noodles as antlers. Enjoy!
- 1 bag of semi sweet Chocolate Chips (I use Nestle)
- 1 bag of Butterscotch Chips
- 1 bag of Chow Mein noodles
- Prep two baking sheets with wax paper, set aside
- In a double boiler melt the chocolate chips and butterscotch, stir frequently
- Transfer melted chips into a large bowl and add in the full bag of Chow Mein noodles
- Stir, carefully, as to not break noodles
- Use your hands to create small mounds and place onto wax sheets
- Chill in refrigerator for 3+ hours until hard